If you have problems with tissue in your mouth or other orofacial areas, our oral and maxillofacial surgeons can utilize oral pathology to identify an oral disease and quickly begin the appropriate treatment. Please call us to make your appointment with one of our oral and maxillofacial surgeons, and learn more about oral pathology.
At our office, we are dedicated to helping you stay in optimal oral and overall health. This includes striving to detect and diagnose any conditions or abnormalities as early as possible so you can receive the treatment you need. During your visits to our office, our oral and maxillofacial surgeons and team will check for changes in your oral health and appearance, as well as any other abnormalities that may signal a pathological process. The most serious of these is oral cancer, which has a much higher chance of being successfully treated when it is identified early. We may also detect diseases such as salivary gland disorders, mumps, odontogenic infection, and more.
Signs of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology:
- A chronic sore throat or hoarseness
- A sore in the mouth or on the lips, face, or neck that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Difficulty or pain when chewing or swallowing
- A lump or thickening in the skin lining the inside of the mouth
- Red, white, or speckled red and white patches in the mouth
- A change in how the teeth fit together or in how your dentures or other oral appliances fit
If you notice any of these symptoms, we encourage you to contact our office for a thorough exam. We may use several types of diagnostic techniques and tools, including radiographic, microscopic, biochemical, and other in-office examinations. For more information, please feel free to contact us today.